Tips for Enjoying Gorilla Trekking – Guidelines for Successful Mountain Gorilla Safari
Find Tips for Enjoying Gorilla Trekking including a variety of guidelines. These tips once followed will make your safari memorable. The tips range from gorilla permit booking, the packing list to the actual adventure. The guidelines also include the strict following of the gorilla trekking rules and regulations. The following tips are aimed at animal safety and your pleasure:-
- Book a Gorilla Permit in advance to enable your safari organizer make proper arrangements for your safari.
- You will be with a group and guide. Use the services of a local porter even when you feel fit. A porter presence adds cultural and community value to the trekking experience.
- Take food and water for your hunger and thirsty.
- In case you have a chance to choose from the gorilla groups, visit that with the largest number of members. This will maximize your photo opportunities as well as observing different traits.
- Prepare for the possible rain by carrying a rain coat.
- Wear long sleeved shirts and blouses plus gloves to protect against thorns or thickets.
- Wear heavy-duty hiking shoes to enable you hike well in the rough terrain.
- Ensure that you are physically fit as you may hike for a longer distance. It is good to train before you go for the safari to know your fitness status.
- Carry with you a good camera that can zoom well and telephoto shoot. Remember to carry a water proof for your electronic gadgets.
- It is advisable to travel with a loved one or a close friend for a lifelong experience with whom you will share happiness.
- Be attentive to your guide and rangers during the hike. They understand the jungle very well than you do.
- Travel in the dry season when the jungle is not muddy.
- Respect the mountain gorilla’s space.